Monday, March 27, 2006

Henman ready for German qualifier

Tim Henman will look to continue his good form on Monday when he faces German qualifier Simon Greul in the third round of the Nasdaq-100 Open.

Henman, who has already beaten Marat Safin and Lleyton Hewitt in Miami, is scheduled to play at 1700 BST.

Greul, ranked 130, has had wins over Paradorn Srichaphan and 17th seed Dominik Hrbaty in the early rounds.

"I've never played Simon before, but he must be playing well to have made it this far," Henman told his website.

"I won't make the mistake of underestimating him in the slightest.

"I feel I've got a good idea of what I need to do to make life difficult for him, so my main concern is to take care of business on my side of the net."

A victory for Henman would set up a last-16 clash with either fourth seed Andy Roddick or 31st seed Fernando Verdasco.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home